VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you assert the VXI ModID signal using the VXI-1394/G

I'd like to assert the ModID signal of a specific slot using a VXI-1394/G slot 0 controller. I've tried the function SetMODID() but it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

System Info:
- VXI-1394/G controller
- NI-VXI 3.2
- Windows XP

David Clark
Software Design Engineer
C&H Technologies, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,189 Views)
Hello David!

NI-VXI 3.2 does not support the MODID functions (such as SetMODID). What are you trying to accomplish through the SetMODID function? If you send a description of your application, we can probably come up with alternative methods.

Julianna Forrest
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,189 Views)
We are a VXI manufacturer and on some of our production tests we assert the ModID signal to verfiy the ModID Logic, mostly to verify the ModID LED on the front panel works. We are low volume manufacturer with one test system that handles most of our products.

We were originally using a MXI-2 controller and setting the ModID by writing to register offset 0x8 of the MXI-2 card. The reason we decided to switch to a 1394 controller was because we upgraded the host PC for the test system and realized that our GPIB card was an old ISA card not supported on the new computer. We thought the easiest thing to do was to just use the VXI-1394/G controller we already had instead of buying a new $500 PCI-GPIB card. Well since the GPIB port on the VXI-1394/G is no
t supported on WinXP and it looks like we will have to make changes to some of our existing test programs it is probably best to stick with MXI-2, buy a GPIB card and use the FireWire on one of our development chassis.

Julianna, I appreciate you answering my questions, this one and my previous ones. You've been very helpful.

David Clark
Software Design Engineer
C&H Technologies, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,189 Views)