Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the UTF

Seems this is a bug introduced in UTF 2013. Thanks for detailed steps!

Message 11 of 16
(1,439 Views)

The other major once that has been driving me mad is when you do an update because the connector pane has changed some numbers clear themselves, even when they shouldn't have changed. At some point I will try and make a repeatable example but as ever these things come up when your head down in another problem.

Another one that I mentioned in the ideas exchange which is a major problem for me is on a largish RT project. If I run the unit tests for the RT code it then spends 20 odd minutes loading or compiling or something with the RT code. Original I thought it had all hung and was having to restart to get rid of it but then the odd loading dialog popped up showing it was attempting something!

Theres a couple of usabiltiy things as well which I will make ideas posts for as well but things like a progress indicator on updates as it is often not obvious if it is still working, also being able to click through to a test definition from the results windows would be useful.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,439 Views)

Hi,

Following with the problem of the disappearing UTF Configuration, I have re-installed all LabVIEW and it continues failing, as I said in a previous post I tried to do the same in other computers and it did work, but it seems impossible to make it work in mine.

There is one difference between the other computers and mine, this one difference is that I have the "Goop Development Suite" installed. My question is then, could the GDS be affecting to the UTF?

I post a video below, so you can see how my configuration disappears when I try to reopen the .lvtest file.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,439 Views)

Coudl this be realted to the renaming issue which seems to only occur when you create a new test from "My Computer" in the project explorer? Does it happen when you create a new test from a VI in the project explorer?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Message 14 of 16
(1,439 Views)

Christopher Relf wrote:

Does it happen when you create a new test from a VI in the project explorer?

No, this way to create the tests seems to solve the problem. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,439 Views)

Interesting - so yeah, I'd say it's the same bug.

PS: No worries

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,439 Views)