USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to synchronize multiple usrp rio (294x) devices

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am using Multi device RX streaming.vi for synchronized acquisition, My first step is to run only 1 usrp and check PPS start signal on it's PPS out port. When I insert only one element in the device selection array and run the code it doesn't transmit PPS out signal then I read this read/write control "rx. trigger sync enable" it was false, so it means my device was not reading or writing to PPS Trigger Lines and when I set this to TRUE, there was no acquisition as timeout error was arising,so I figured out that my device is not MASTER because if it will be a master it will send the edge trigger received from preceding VI to the PPS out port and then I have done external loop backing of PPS Out to PPS IN.

I am unable to set my device as Master can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,125 Views)

I found the solution lately in which in order to generate PPS signal from single usrp you need to make changes in "Configuration Synchronization.vi" on host by editing the case structure value as it only allows to send PPS out when there are two or more devices connected to array so by modifying that case structure I was able to send PPS signal from single USRP.

8talha_0-1618380612501.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,101 Views)

Hi

Could you please specify exactly where the changes in "Configuration Synchronization.vi" should be?

Also, which usrp should be the master? I am using 3 usrps, one as a TX and the other two as RXs.

Thank you in advance.

Hadeel

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(963 Views)