USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP to Wireless router

Hi, I recently want to program my USRP N210 into a wireless router. Is there any example I can learn and follow?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,374 Views)

Hi NovaQ,

This is not necessarily an easy task. Depending on what you want the router to do, there are multiple levels of protocols that need to be implemented. The 802.11 Application Framework, for instance, instantiates the physical layer (PHY) and part of the MAC layer. But will not function as a full-borne wireless router. 

It might also make a lot more sense to use a USRP RIO so that you can utilize the FPGA. The 802.11 App Framework does this heavily to meet timing constraints.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,359 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm not quite familier with wifi area, so I want to start with some simple examples, simple protocals, like 802.11b. And maybe I will firstly just make my usrp as an AP. After more experience, I think will try the 802.11 Application Framework.

I searched for several weeks. However, I couldn't find any example to follow, with Labview.

NovaQ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,352 Views)

Hi, 

I'm also trying to configure a USRP 2922 as a wireless Access Point. Are there any sample projects that I can review? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,188 Views)