USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP RIO communication error

Hi, 

I am using an NI USRP 2944R. I am controlling it through the PCIe x4 interface. My project is based on the NI USRP simple streaming sample project. I modified the FPGA vi to incorporate my application. I've just started getting error with code -1074100545. Previously I was able to run my new FPGA bitfile. I've traced the error to Open device.vi. It is produced by Open 2.vi. I can see that Open Dynamic Bitfile Reference, which precedes Open 2.vi, produces the correct path to the bitfile. 

I've tried restarting both my laptop and the USRP multiple times but the error isn't going away. With every reset I ensure that I turn on the USRP before the laptop. The USRP shows up in NI MAX. What else can I do to solve this problem? 

Regards, 

Ivan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,678 Views)

Hi irad,

Try using the "Open FPGA vi reference" instead of the "Open Dynamic Bitfile Reference". For reasons I do not know, the latter does not work correctly when you modify the mentioned exampled.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,649 Views)

In the FPGA VI, did you remove or modify anything (including changing or removing controls and indicators) in this section:

required_fpga.jpg

Also, was there any more information in the error string you could post here?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,621 Views)

Early on I actually tried using Open FPGA vi reference because that's what I had used before in other projects but I had problems with that one as well. 

I didn't touch anything in the "required" section. I only added a few controls and indicators in the "streaming transceiver engine". Unfortunately I can only see the error code and the source of the error.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,608 Views)

Can you post the contents of the source string from the error cluster?

Also, can you run <LabVIEW DIR>\vi.lib\LabVIEW Targets\FPGA\USRP\niusrprio_tools.llb\Examine Flash.vi on your device and share the screenshot here?

examine_flash.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,591 Views)

Fortunately (or unfortunately) it is running now. I didn't do anything differently. It came back 

after another reset. I will post the whole error cluster and run Examine Flash.vi when the problem reappears again. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,575 Views)