USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP PCIe Driver

Hi All,

Is there a driver for the USRP PCIe connection kit (which I think is the PCIe-8371 ?) compatible with the Nvidia Jetson Xavier (ARM v8) ?

Or at least a binary file I can try to compile?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,660 Views)

I believe the biggest compatibility issue you'll see will be related to what OS you are planning to run on the machine.  The PCIe driver is included in the NI-RIO driver (or installed with NI-USRP if you'll be running Windows).  On Windows, NI-USRP should install all drivers needed to use the PCIe connectivity to the USRP.

If you are not using Windows, you will not be able to use NI-USRP and thus will need to install the driver manually.  This is not supported by National Instruments but rather by Ettus directly.  Here is a document from the Ettus website which outlines the software needed:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_x3x0.html#x3x0_hw 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,633 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and I cannot migrate to windows as the device we're using (Nvidia Jetson Xavier) does not support it. The driver provided by Ettus requires an x86 architecture while we're working with a ARM v8 architecture. Thus the request for something we can compile on the specific machine.

Even if national instrument is not inclined to release the driver source code for an ad-hoc compilation, I was wondering if a specifically compiled version could be provided.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,630 Views)

Hey Lorenzo,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a distribution of the compiled driver that we'd be able to provide.  I was able to find the following on the Ettus site regarding drivers for Linux:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_ni_rio_kernel.html

Outside of this, I would encourage you to contact Ettus support directly at support@ettus.com.  They may have additional insight into getting this to work on your system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,623 Views)

Hey Jon,

Thanks for the answer. The link points to the page for downloading the driver compiled for an x86 architecture. We're actually looking for a ARM version. I'll contact Ettus and ask them if they have some material we can work on. Eventually I'll post the outcome here.

Regards

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,614 Views)