USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to Connect USRP 2943R to PC with PCIe

Hi ajib1

I can definitely see how the "Find Instrument Drivers" hardware detection option can be generating some confusion for this matter. This option in particular is mostly recommended for Third Party hardware driver installation, but LabVIEW itself does not have a native tool for hardware recognition (LabVIEW NXG does though).

If you confirmed that the device is recognized, you will only need to use the descriptor from NI MAX (Usually RIO0 by default) instead of the IP. Please let us know if that helps!

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,330 Views)

when i connect my NI USRP 2953R device with PCIe cable im not able to see the device in device manager.It is showing PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller instead.please solve and attaching the snapshot of device manager.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,239 Views)

Bhanu,

This is usually caused by not having the NI-USRP drivers installed or installed correctly.  Have you installed NI-USRP?  If so, does the USRP show up in the USRP Configuration Utility?

After checking this, it may be beneficial for you to create a new post for visibility.  This post has been dormant for some time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,229 Views)

Frantz,

I have installed the NI USRP 18.3 driver and still usrp device is not showing in the configuration utility

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,217 Views)

Hi Bhanu,

Could you try the following steps:

1. Ensure that the driver installations were successful. A repair and/or force reinstall of the driver is recommended for this case. Also, ensure that the driver is being installed with admin privileges. Confirm that the driver exists in the following location, <Windows>\System32\drivers\niusrpriok.sys. Another partial check for this is to see if the USRP and USRP RIO function palettes are visible in LabVIEW.
  2. Try to manually install the driver from the staging folder, C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI USRP RIO\Staging\STC3. From the Device Manager, right click on the USRP RIO (or however the USRP RIO is displayed) in the device manager and select Update Driver Software and then select Browse my computer for driver software. Then locate the niusrpriok.inf file from the staging folder.
  3. Insert the PCIe-8371 in different PCI slots. There are several known issues with certain PC's and the USRP RIO.
  4. Install the Products and Services: MXI-Express Compatibility Software and follow the installation instructions listed in the readme. This means enabling Mode 1 of the dip switch on the PCIe-8371 once the compatibility software is installed.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,194 Views)

Iam using labview communications system design suite 2.0 with LTE application framework 2.0.1 in windows 7 64-bit.I have installed the NI USRP 18.3 driver.but still not able to find the device in ni configuration utility.please find the attached screenshots of device manager,NI-MAX and NI configuration utility. when i connected usrp 2953R it is showing "PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller" in device manager and NI MAX.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,152 Views)