USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in verifing the device connection

Hi I am new to USRP ettus X310, I have connected it with both Ethernet cable and PCIe x4 and attached here screenshot of the NI-USRP Configuration Utility.

Going through the instructions in the manual of the USRP and how to set it up, I found the my USRP x310 with UBX daughter boards is similar to NI-USRP 2944R, and I tried to run the simple streaming sample project "TX and Rx streaming host.vi" on Lab View and I am getting " Error-1074100584 occurred at niUsrpRio Config v1 Host.lvlib: Calculate Level Range.vi:420001" and I attach here screenshots of the full error dialogue.

Also, I tried to run the same example on Lab View Communications System Design Suite, I have selected the single device streaming project for 2943R as 2944R is not available in the list and I tried to run Run TX and RX Streaming (Host).gvi and I got "Error-1074100593 occurred at niUsrpRio Config v1 Host.lvlib_Decode Daughter-board names.gvi:1010001" and I attach the screenshot of the error.

I don't what is the problem exactly and I spent a very long time trying to solve this, so I would appreciate if anyone could help in solving this.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,385 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

You are going to need to convert your Ettus USRP to an NI USRP by following these instructions: https://kb.ettus.com/Converting_an_X310_into_an_NI-USRP_Rio.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,333 Views)

Hi Luke, 

Thank you for your reply.

I tried what is in the link you attached to convert Ettus USRP to NI USRP, for the first step "The daughterboard IDs need to be burned into the EEPROM"  it run correctly without errors, while for the second step "IQ imbalance corrections need to be loaded into the EEPROM" it gives an error "Error 1 occurred at Dequeue Element in niUsrpRio Config v1 Host.lvlib : Dequeue DB Data.vi : 1110001"

I attach here screenshots for the dialogues in both step 1 and step 2.

Hope you can help me to solve that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,330 Views)

Please I need help with this problem if anyone have faced it before.

again I using USRP ettus x310 and I tried to convert it from from x310 to NI-USRP Rio following the steps in the link:
https://kb.ettus.com/Converting_an_X310_into_an_NI-USRP_Rio

the first step "The daughterboard IDs need to be burned into the EEPROM" has gone correctly without any errors while the second step "IQ imbalance corrections need to be loaded into the EEPROM" gives an error and I attached a screenshot of the error and even when I tried to run "TX streaming host.vi" on LabVIEW again it gives also the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,264 Views)

hello

its my problem too

can any one help me?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,992 Views)

Hi Mohammed,

I am not sure if this will help or not, but you have to check that the 2 daughter boards are compatible to each other, in other words you have to check their serial numbers and be sure that they are synchronized.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,978 Views)

hi ahmed

thanks for your reply

i am using two ubx 160 daughter board

what is your mean about "compatible to each other"?

what should i see in their serial number?

what is your mean about "syncronized"?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,974 Views)

after writing daughter board serial numbers in eeprom this error doesnot appear.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,851 Views)

I am facing same issue as you used to be, after writing the UBX-160-board serial numbers in initialize Flash VI and putting the current and Rev HW version 8, still getting the issue "Deque element in the USRPRio.. Kindly assist me to resolve this issue.   

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,222 Views)