From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Twitter Toolkit for LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get " ’ " character instead of "\u2019" in the Get_Tweets_New.vi text control ?

Hello dear friends ,

When I use the Get_Tweets_New.vi , the text indicator displays the text like that for example :

«It isn\u2019t the good answer !»

instead of

«It isn’t the good answer !».

The same issu for some others special characters .

Is there an option to set up somewhere in the subvis ? or should make my own vi to parse the txt ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,818 Views)

Hi champagne,

The i3-twitter API was written before LabVIEW included the Unflatten from JSON VI.

Instead i3-twitter uses the older i3-json API to parse tweets. The i3-json API intentionally avoids parsing escape codes that are outside of the ASCII range in the i3-json::ParseString.vi:

ASCII.PNG

So the API is currently behaving as expected as the i3-json VIs do not support characters outside the ASCII range. You could make a new version of the Get Tweets New VI to parse the text that used the Unflatten From JSON VI which has better Unicode support and may be able to handle the character.

Milan
Message 2 of 3
(1,788 Views)

Ok MilanR !

Thanks a lot !

I hadn't seen or opened the i3-json.lvlib::ParseString.vi .
Indeed this subvi is well commented. Thank you for your very clear explanation.

👍

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,779 Views)