From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Twitter Toolkit for LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Public Tweeting Console

How easy would it be to use this toolkit to create a small application (Windows Executable) that performs a very simple function: allows random visitors to enter their Twitter username and password and have a pre-configured tweet sent using their credentials?

I ask because I may need to create an application that does just this. One that asks a passerby to enter their Twitter details, it would then send a tweet from their account with some predermined content.

It would need to be quick, slick and simple. For example, two string controls on a front panel for the Username and Password, then a simple button that says "Tweet!". Nothing more. No further interaction needed. Is this possible?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,326 Views)

ok, so I went ahead and tried this, and it works.

I now have a simple VI that displays an embedded webpage asking a visitor to enter their username and password and it then sends one tweet on their behalf. Sweet.

So now I want to taking this further. The tweet that will be sent will include a number of hashtags and usernames, primarily @name.

I see from the examples that there's a Search Tweets function which accepts a query. Presumably I can formulate a query that returns tweets with @name in them?

Secondly, this function requires a Twitter Handle, which from the examples is typically stored in a shift register to prevent needing to repeatedly login. However, I'm not sure I can store this as I will be asking visitors to enter their own credentials to allow for sending of tweets. Will this be a problem?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,745 Views)