From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoboRIO-No Ethernet

Our roborio will not connect over ethernet. We have tried troubleshooting with the same computer/ethernet cord and image on another rio. Initially the lights on the port would flash slowly, but the last few times we have tried, the lights on the port do not show up at all. We are able to connect via USB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(708 Views)

For some initial troubleshooting thoughts:

1. Do the Ethernet port's LEDs do anything at all when you turn the roboRIO on?
  2. Have you tried a different PC to see what the behavior is for connectivity or the LEDs?
    1. I'm assuming we'd see the same behavior as it sounds like you're seeing a successful connection on another roboRIO with this PC/cable setup.  I just wanted to verify
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(699 Views)

The lights don't do anything when powered on. We just tried a different PC and still don't have connection or lights.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(682 Views)

Those were the answers I was expecting.  I sent you a message to help work through a replacement.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(676 Views)