cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Yellow Status Light - Intermittent Connection

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning!

I have a RoboRio 1 that has suddenly developed a flashing yellow status light and sometimes does not show up in the Imaging Tool. 

So far, we have: 

- Attempted to Reboot into Safe Mode - No change

- Run the Tool as Administrator

- Renamed the Laptop

- Laid hands upon it and chanted "Gracious Professionalism" over and over.

Update as I'm typing this out. Disconnecting power to the Rio and reconnecting it causes it to show back up in the tool with a MAC Address, IP, the current image but an unknown firmware. I attempt to update the firmware and get this message:

RRio.png

If I hold down the reset button for 5 seconds, we go back to a quick flashing status light and no longer show up anywhere. Remove power, we show back up in Network Connections, the webpage at 172.22.blah.blah is back up, try the format or firmware update and get nothing but error messages in return.

RRio2.png

I've taken the dashes out of my computer name, the Rio's name, my own name... I used this PC to update the Rio at the beginning of the season with no issues.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(919 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EvanMJones

If you hold the power and see the continuous flashing status LED, that tells me something is corrupt with your Safe Mode.  I've sent you an email with instructions on how to reset the roboRIO to regain the Safe Mode.

Let's try using that option and then imaging afterwards.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(903 Views)

For those suffering from the same fate, I did indeed have a corrupted safe mode. I used a file from BoKnows to reimage the thing. Unfortunately, we also had a bad ethernet port complicating the issue. Got it replaced and we're back on the field.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(877 Views)

Glad to hear you're back competing!  How did the event go? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(862 Views)

We placed 60th in the District and are headed to the Championship next week! Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
(847 Views)