Top of Utah LabVIEW User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Coding Challenge- Hidden Message Discussion

I'm starting this topic to have a place to ask questions or discuss this coding challenge.  The rules are included in the download on the downloads page, but I included it here again just in case it is easier for some people.  The two zip files are the same.

-Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,061 Views)
2 REPLIES

Re: Coding Challenge- Hidden Message Discussion

Can we assume the bmp will have an image depth of 24?

Does "Characters Encoded" weigh more than "Chars/ms"?  In other words, if I encode 1 character with a faster "Chars/ms" than someone who encodes 1,000,000 with a slightly slower "Chars/ms" do I still win?

Robert Mortensen
CLA, CLED, LabVIEW Champion, World's Fastest LabVIEW Programmer
Principal Systems Engineer, Endigit
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,617 Views)

Re: Coding Challenge- Hidden Message Discussion

Yes, you can assume that the bmp will be 24 bit.  More specifically, you can assume that the image will be the sample image provided in the download- and all that that implies.

Any entries that don't pass the requirements (message matching, image corruption, etc) will be disqualified, but other than that, the only judging criteria is chars/ms, so yes if someone can encode a single character more than 1,000,000 times faster than someone else can encode 1,000,000 characters the very fast single character would win.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,617 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.