cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand-SystemLink Fatal Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm a little bit in a pickle here. We started using Systemlink with teststand, everthing worked fine until today when a pop up showed up in the middle of a test.

I can't make head or tail of it, if someone can help me it will be great.

I am sorry for the screen shot quality, i'll try to edit the post if the problem occurs again.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,150 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sklod

We fixed several bugs in the SystemLink TestStand plugin in SystemLink 2020 R1 (20.0).  I would highly suggest you upgrade your server and client to 2020 R1 if you haven't already.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,116 Views)

Is there a way to update the client remotly (knowing that the computer doesn't have acces to internet), since there's no way i can stop the production for that.

Is the server 2020 R1 compatible with the 19.6 client?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,083 Views)

Yes, the server is backwards compatible and can support older clients. It is not forward compatible, so you need to upgrade the server before you can upgrade any of the clients.

In addition, you can update the targets remotely with SystemLink.  After upgrade the server you can replicate the 20202 R1 client feed to your server using the Package Repository application. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 7.41.32 AM.png

Then using the SL Systems Manager application you can add the feed from your Package Repository to the targets and that should enable the SystemLink Client to show up in the list of available upgrades.  Note, you may need to update the NI Package Manager first if it is out of date using similar steps.

Message 4 of 6
(3,068 Views)

By the way JoshuaP, do you know the behavior during the client's update? On some computers we have a test running each minute, so we cannot stop the production for updates, or at least it's complicated to manage.

If we're making a client's update, are the test results correctly saved during that time?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,020 Views)

and for the problem explained by sklod, we were able to reproduce it just by disconnecting the ethernet cable. Seems it's coming from a tag request in TS, not from the SL api in TS.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,019 Views)