From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink Cloud Connector Data Direction

Hi,

Is there going to be an option to allows forwarded tags be updated to the Server from the cloud side?

I had the idea to use SL Cloud to host a public webVI and have my nodes connect to SL Server and use Cloud Connector to only share tags that the public webVIs could read and write to, but that doesn't work I found out.

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,980 Views)

Hi Andre,

I have searched through our documentation internally and couldn't find anything suggesting it is something that is possible. If you find a way to do it, please let us know how so we can create documentation around it.

SystemLink is still relatively new (a few years old) so it is something that we could look to add in the near future. I would suggest adding a post to the idea exchange https://forums.ni.com/t5/Additional-NI-Software-Idea/idb-p/nisoftware.

Kind regards, 

Michael

Technical Support Engineering 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,947 Views)

Andre,

SystemLink 19.0 has a feature to allow you to forward tags and messages from your SystemLink Server to SystemLink Cloud so they can be viewed in webVIs:

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/systemlink/19.0/data/connecting-to-systemlink-cloud/

Kennon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,944 Views)

Thanks @mdoherty and @Kennon_Cotton , for looking. The answer is in my original post.

I know it can only forward, but the request is: "Will it be possible in the future to also update SL Server tags from SL Cloud?"

I will add this to my list of things to ask at NI Week.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,936 Views)

Hi Andre,

If you are going, it's definitely a good place to ask.

People from R&D will be there so can filter your question to the relevant people.

Kind regards, 

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,934 Views)