SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mongo DB data view

Robo 3T is a MongoDB GUI which can be used to view the data being moved about inside the MongoDB. Is it known how to connect to the System Link database (What should be the connection settings (local PC) of Robo 3T)? Now i get an 'Failed to Load list of databases' error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,864 Views)

Hey Coert,

Why did you create two threads with the same question? Anyone following can find the other one here: Mongo DB data view

Generally I would strongly disadvise from accessing the database directly. Changing anything means pulling the chair away SystemLink is sitting on. Pure reading access should be fine though, however I do not guarantee anything.

Your client software needs to log in to the NoSql database. Two files should be present on your local PC after installing SystemLink Client / Skyline that contain the data you need.

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Skyline\NoSqlDatabase\mongodb.conf:
This contains the database connection information

explorer_2018-10-16_10-24-39.png

And C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Skyline\Config\NoSqlDatabase.json:

This contains the database credentials Skyline itself uses.

PSPad_2018-10-16_10-27-26.png

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,846 Views)

Hey Ikaiser,

Thank you for your quick reply. I agree with you accessing the database directly is not adviseable. I don't want to change anything in the database i only are interesting in the architecture since the api's are not all released yet. Using your feedback i did managed to connect to the 'admin' db, Thank you for that!

Now i am logged in i would like to get the colletions information of the nitestmonitor database but i get an Failed to refresh 'Collections'  (Authorisation) error (see attached image). Do you know which credentials to use to access the 'nitestmonitor' database?

Kind regards,

Coert Ansems

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,826 Views)