From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating and Analyzing Assets

This document is part of the SystemLink Portal.

Locating and Analyzing Assets

Let’s say a co-worker needs to use a particular instrument model.  In Asset Manager, click Assets on the left pane to view a grid of all your assets.  The search box will filter the list of assets to any assets that have any metadata that matches the text in the search box.  For this scenario, I can easily type in the name of the model and see the resulting assets, along with the system where the assets are located.

To get even more precise, I can use the Filter button.  For example, I can filter the listed assets by Model, Serial Number, Vendor, or even a custom Property value.

I can also view this asset metadata, as additional columns in the asset grid view. This helps me to view this metadata across all my assets. For example, I can show additional columns for Vendor, Bus Type, VISA Resource Name, Slot Number, Calibration info, and more.

Refer to the following topics in the SystemLink manual:

Contributors