Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SystemLink Client on cRIO-9067

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Here's what I've done:

• I've installed SystemLink Server, SystemLink Client, and LabVIEW Package Builder, and NI CompactRIO 17.0 on my host.
  • I've run the NI Web Server Configuration. My host is now a functional SystemLink server
  • I've updated my cRIO's firmware to v4.0.0f0, and installed the NI CompactRIO 17.0 Recommended Software Set on the cRIO 

I'm trying to follow http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/systemlink/latest/manual/setting-up-systemlink-client-linux/ but am stuck at Step 3: "On your SystemLink server, use NI MAX to deploy SystemLink Client and any additional software support your application requires to your Linux RT client. "

I can't for the life of me find a way to "use NI MAX to deploy SystemLink Client". I selected Add/Remove Software in NI MAX, but SystemLink isn't in the list of software set add-ons.

Am I looking in the wrong place? How do I deploy SystemLink Client?

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,395 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Relaunch the software installation wizard from MAX for your target.  You currently need to do a custom software install to install the SystemLink client to your RT target. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 8.44.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 8.44.59 AM.png

Note we are currently working to add the SystemLink Client as an RSS addon for cRIO in the next release, which should be available in the next month or two.

Message 2 of 2
(3,376 Views)