SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable SystemLink Client Tray App Notifications

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to disable the notifications from the SystemLink Client Tray app?

Thanks,

Ryan Sheppard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,320 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ryan_sheppard

I don't think there currently is a way to disable the notifications. 

Can you provide some more details on why you want to disable them?  Without it the local user doesn't have any notification when a software installation maybe occurring, which could allow them to easily try something  (run a test) that could fail in odd ways without any indication why.

Are there specific job types that you would prefer us not show or just not show anything?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,292 Views)

I think the specific job would be a nice feature. To lock the client, I am sending an HTTP request to the SystemLink Server to lock the client when a test starts. We have tests on our systems that can be in time from 30 secs to 6 months. Once the test stops a HTTP request is sent to unlock. For the two requests that are sent a total of 4 notifications show. For uses running a 30 second tests, possible 100's daily, they may get quite annoyed by the notification. 

Two thoughts that I have:

1. They may not actually be annoyed by it, I just pushed the update in which this occurs. I know that I was slightly annoyed during development.

2. My mechanism of locking the client. Really it was the solution that worked and was able to throw together quite fast. I noticed it will rack up the total number of jobs on my client. I used the method that was previously posted on these forums with no success. I saw the file creation on the client, gave plenty of time allow for the client to lock, but it didn't happen. I was still able to push update to the client.

So for a specific job, locking and unlocking clients would be useful. I wouldn't remove it completely, it fits many use cases, just not specifically mine at the moment.

@JoshuaP wrote:

I don't think there currently is a way to disable the notifications. 

Can you provide some more details on why you want to disable them?  Without it the local user doesn't have any notification when a software installation maybe occurring, which could allow them to easily try something  (run a test) that could fail in odd ways without any indication why.

Are there specific job types that you would prefer us not show or just not show anything?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,165 Views)