SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to DataFinder instance using Data Navigator

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using SystemLink 19.5 and I've created a datafinder instance. It seems to be running and ingesting files, but when I go to the data navigator from the home screen and try to connect to my instance (double clicking on the instance or clicking the gear) I get an error in the top right that says "Could not connect with the server: MyInstance ." Clicking on details yields the following:

Bad Request: EXCEPTION: CORBA::SystemException (BAD_PARAM)

I initially tried this on a VM and had the same results whether it was being accessed from localhost or from the host PC. I then tried installing directly on the host PC and am seeing the same issue over localhost; I didn't set the host up to allow for remote connections.

Worth noting, the VM install was setup to be as open as possible and had the windows firewall completely disabled.

Any thoughts?

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,161 Views)

For what its' worth, I made a fresh VM and everything seems to work as expected. I'd still be interested in finding the root cause, however, as it still doesn't work on my host machine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,094 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChrisStrykesAgain

I finally fixed it on my host machine. For some reason, I had to reset the naming service from within the NI SystemLink TDM Configuration dialog, then stop and restart my DataFinders.

Hopefully this was a fluke and doesn't reoccur.

Message 3 of 5
(3,061 Views)

I experienced the errors "Could not connect with the server" with the detailed error message "Bad Request: EXCEPTION: CORBA::TRANSIENT (TRANSIENT)" and "Bad Request: EXCEPTION: CORBA::SystemException (BAD_PARAM)".  The solution was to find the COBRA Naming Service under task manager and start it.  See instructions below. 

http://www.savvydiademsolutions.com/blog.php?topic=blog-systemlink#StartNiCobraNamingSvc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,040 Views)

Chris,

Your method works on my same problem, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,826 Views)