Sync Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TimeSync for NI-Sync Hardware: Getting Started

NI-TimeSync 1.2 w/ NI-Sync Hardware Plug-in (labs) http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/Timing_Sync/Labs/NI-TimeSync/NITimeSync1_2_d15.exe

Installation Instructions:

• Install NI-TimeSync 1.2 from the provided link and make sure the NI-Sync plug-in is selected for installation
  • Update your target through MAX to install the new software available

Selecting the NI-Sync board to synchronize to:

• Edit the following line in "/ni-rt/system/ni-timesync/ni-timesync-nisync.ini"
    • source.nisync.deviceName = PXI1Slot7
      • Replace PXI1Slot7 with the NI-Sync board (PXI-6682 or PCI-1588) you want to synchronize to
Message 1 of 4
(11,743 Views)

Synchronizing RT OS system time to a PXI timing & sync module, like the PXI-6683(H) is now a supported feature as of NI-TimeSync 18.0.1. When installing NI-TimeSync 18.0 make sure to select "NI-TimeSync Plugins->NI-Sync Support". There is not a LabVIEW API yet, but please continue to use the /ni-rt/system/ni-timesync/ni-timesync-nisync.ini to specify the PXI device and let us know if you have any questions.

Message 2 of 4
(4,572 Views)

Does this require the Realtime app to be enable?

I have set 

RTTarget.LaunchAppAtBoot = False

in ni-rt.ini, and the sync seems not be be active any more.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,783 Views)

@immercd1 wrote:

Does this require the Realtime app to be enable?

On my system the RTTarget.LanuchAppAtBoot flag does not seem to have any impact on the functionality of NI-Sync.

For reference, I am using NI-TimeSync 19.0. I'd expect the 1.2 version to behave similarly though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,630 Views)