Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NISE 2.0 vs DAQmx 8.x

Hi all,

I have a PC running NISE 2.0 Development as an editor workstation using driver cd August 05. Last week I dared to install LabVIEW (7.1.1 though!) using driver cd May 06.
Now, what happend is a really strange behaviour: I can access all my switch matrix configurations that I've already created and the validation works out fine. But when choosing the "Routes" tab on a configuration, a message window appears giving me a DAQmx error number. The error text says that one of the matrix cards was not found.
How's that, if the validation (not in simulation mode) has just succeeded and does again if initiated?
I should mention, that instead of the real hardware, I'm using DAQmx simulated devices with the appropriate IVI settings.

Any ideas apart from updating to 2.1? 😉

Cheers
Oli
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,700 Views)

Hi Oli,

Upgrading to NI Switch Executive 2.1 may not fix this issue.  From the information provided, it appears a driver upgrade is the cause.  The upgrade of MAX and DAQmx should not affect the niSE configuration space at all, and therefore the lower-level driver (NI-SWITCH) is the likely the culprit.  To figure out what happened in your specific situation, I need to know more about your simulated system, including the following:

1.  What simulated devices do you have in your niSE configuration (and how many)? 
2.  Is it possible to create a new niSE Virtual Device with the same IVI logical names as the problemmatic Virtual Device?
3.  Assuming (2) is possible, can you create a route in the Routes tab with the new configuration?
4.  Did you back up your configuration before upgrading to LabVIEW 7.1.1 and the May Driver CD?
5.  You stated you are seeing a message window and a DAQmx error number.  Can you share with me that error number and exact error description?

For now, I would recommend exporting your present niSE configuration before continuing with further troubleshooting.  That way, you will be able to later retrieve as much as possible what you currently have if something goes wrong while trying different things.  Let me know if you have further questions!

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,681 Views)

Hi Chad,

sorry for answering late, at the moment, I'm kind of hopping from one problem to the next.... Smiley Sad

To answer your questions:

1.) We're using 6 PXI-2529 and one PXI-2569 as simulated devices.

2.) A new device can be created, all the devices are accepted!

3.) Trying to create a route on that new configuration brings up DAQmx error again (BTW  it's -200069 Unknown device Chassis1Slot2)

4.) No backup, unfortunately Smiley Sad

I'll send you the configuration report from Max directly.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,660 Views)

To anyone reading this post:

This issue was resolved with a reinstall of the software.  Everything seems to be working fine now.  If anyone sees a similar issue, please do not reply to this forum post.  Instead, begin a new post to let us know of the problem.  Thanks!

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,610 Views)