South East Michigan LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEMLUG Ending

After 15 years of running LabVIEW user groups, I have decided to step down running them.  I have had a great time and met a bunch of amazing people.  SEMLUG will stop having meetings.  Our next meeting scheduled for September 8th will be canceled.  I plan to produce videos of topics I think the wider community would be interested in.

Thanks everyone who came to our meetings.  I will miss seeing everybody.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,988 Views)

Dan,

Thank you for everything you for running this group for so long.  It was a good group and worth attending.

I look forward to seeing what you produce.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,978 Views)

Dan,

I'll second David's comments.  Thank you for everything you've done

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,950 Views)

I very much appreciate all your work over the years. I would like to see SEMLUG continue in some form. I'll PM you to see how I can help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,924 Views)

Thanks so much!

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,917 Views)

Dan your dedication, and enthusiasm to LabVIEW over the years have shaped my career.  I'm certain I wouldn't be where I am today had you not ran the user group for all these years.  I truly appreciate all you've done for the community, and I will forever owe you a beer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,482 Views)

FYI

Dan and I are working to get this back up and running.  Quite a few pieces and parts to get it spinning again but at least some progress is being made

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,475 Views)

Dan,

I was shocked and disheartened to hear that you had closed down the SEMLUG meetings after so much effort you have put into them.  I just heard this today at the first meeting of our new series of meetings after our hiatus of one year.  I can understand the burden and lack of support you must have felt as those were some of the very reasons I took the one year sabbatical from coordinating the North Oakland County LabVIEW User Group meetings (see link -> NOCLUG Link ). 

I hope you don't mind me posting a link to our Community Board here so people that want to attend a quarterly meeting and share information can have that without having to go outside of the Detroit Metropolitan Area.  I see someone else heard this news (of SEMLUG going inactive) about the time I did (see posting just before mine) so it may only be a matter of time before SEMLUG lives again.  I wish you luck in your endeavors.  Keep in mind you are welcome to attend our virtual meetings (and present if you have a subject you would like to discuss 😀) via MS Teams.

Regards, Bill

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,463 Views)

Thanks Brian!

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,445 Views)

Hello Bill,

Absolutely you can post on this page.

Yes working with NI has become much to difficult.  It is sad but that is the direction they want to go.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,443 Views)