Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi-5421

Hi,
i installed ni pxi-5421 but in MAX window when i ran the self test it gave me this error -200221 any one knows why???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,585 Views)
Hi,

Are you using a MXI-3 Connection to your PXI Chassis?  If so, installing the MXI-3 Optimization Software may help.

If this doesn't help, I would recommend trying this module with a different computer / controller to make sure that it is not the software that is causing the problem.  Best of luck, and let me know how this goes.

Have a great day!
Travis W

Message Edited by Travis W on 08-10-2006 02:38 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(8,570 Views)

Hi,

What version of NI-Fgen are you using?  Is this a new module? Has it worked in another computer previously?  Did you follow the steps in the Signal Generators Getting Started Guide?

Also, do you get a description for that error as well?  If so, can you let us know?

Thanks
Jerry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,568 Views)

hi,

In MAX --> MY SYSTEM-->Device and interfaces -->ni daqmx devices --> NI PXI 5421: "PXI1Slot2" , i am right clicking and running Test Panels .

Waveform frequency 1 M (Hz) , Amplitude 2 Vpp, Waveform Sine Wave and when i click Start i get the following error

Error -200221 occurred at sourcesconfig_DAQmx Write (Raw 1D I16).vi

Possible reason(s):

Amount of time allocated to perform this operation was exceeded.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<0>

MXI-3 was downloaded for XP and is running optimization at start.  Ni - FGEN 2.4 was also down loaded and installed. 

This problem happened when i installed the pci card on Dell precision 670  but didnt happen on the NDS pc's.

THANKS ALOT. if further asisstant can be given pls.

TM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,559 Views)
The driver is timing out when trying to communicate to the device. Try moving the PCI MXI-3 card to a different PCI slot closer to the graphics card on the Dell machine. I have seen this happen on a machine that had a PCI bridge that slowed down communication to some of the PCI slots.

Drew Creel
NI Software Engineer
Signal Generators Group

Message Edited by Drew Creel on 08-11-2006 11:32 AM

Drew Creel
NI Software Group Manager
RF and Signal Generators
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,545 Views)

i cant move the card to a different slot since it has only one slot for this type of pci card right beside the graphics card. 

pls help

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,523 Views)
If I recall correctly, the 670 has 3 PCI-X slots that you can plug a standard PCI card into.  Try in those 3 slots to see if you can find any difference in the behavior.

Have a great day!
Travis W
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(8,504 Views)

hi,

i think we have a server motherboard which only has one pci slot.  we are looking to purchase more computers for our computer lab and was wondering if u could help.  We need to instal labview 8 plus ni pxi hardware.  We bought about 30 stations from dell but they all have server motherboards.  Looking for motherboards from intel any idea.....???

thanks (TM)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(8,487 Views)
Hi

When you boot up the computer, is the Access led of the NI 5421 of the module and lit up?

Can you contact National Instruments support?  Ask for the MI group.  You should be automatically forwarded there for an issue with the NI 5421.  An application engineer will be assigned to help.

Also, ask them to contact me (Jerry), and I hope to have a suggestion or two.

Thanks
Jerry
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(8,459 Views)
Are you sure there are no PCI-X slots on your 670?  Here is a picture of a MXI-4 module in a PCI-X slot of a 670.  Notice that the connectors are different sizes, but it still fits and works.  Can you try this with your MXI-3?

Also, does your PXI chassis have any other modules in it besides th PXI-5421?  If so, try removing the other modules from the chassis to see if the behavior changes.

Have a great day!
Travis W

Message Edited by Travis W on 08-16-2006 07:15 PM

Message Edited by Travis W on 08-16-2006 07:16 PM

Message Edited by Travis W on 08-16-2006 07:17 PM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,456 Views)