From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Labview 6i to 6.1 produces Error -10401 at AO Group Config

I built an application in LabVIEW 6i. It worked great. Then I decided to upgrade to LabVIEW 6.1 so that .vi's could be edited over our LAN from a computer running 6.1. The 6.1 installer recommended that I first uninstall 6i, then install 6.1. I did this.

Upon loading my application in my shiny new LabVIEW 6.1, I got many .vi-not-found errors, so I tracked down the relevant files in the (old) LabVIEW directory structure and showed LabVIEW where to find them.

Then I tried to run LabVIEW and received the message "Error -10401 occurred at AO Group Config" I consulted MAX and he/it confirmed the Instrument Descriptor Strings & DAQ device numbers for all my devices. Told MAX to refresh his num
bers and he did so. I asked him to test the suspect device's resources (PXI-6704 Analog Output module), and the device failed the test...

and that's where I am now. The only errors I get come from AO Group Config, and the 6704 is the only device with which MAX is unhappy.

Ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,474 Views)
credit where credit's due - the NI Support Engineers got me through this:

solution: uninstall NI-DAQ, then download and install
NIdaq693.exe
LV61Eng.EXE
from NI site\All Software Versions\Multifunction DAQ\NI-DAQ 6.9.3 for Windows 2000

hopefully this'll help others who run into similar troubles.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,473 Views)