Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I program for the NI 5670 using Visual C ?

I am writing a Visual C++ .NET program to control the NI-5670 RF Vector Signal Generator. The hardware (which includes the PXI-5610 and PXI-5421) are installed on a NI PXI-1045 Chassis with NI-DAQmx and Measurement and Automation Studio 7.0 installed.

I have the NI RFSG and NI FGEN drivers installed. What drivers and application software do I need to interface with the hardware modules using Visual C++? I don't want to use any of the Labview or DAQ GUI's to operate the hardware. I just need to know what header files and libraries to include in my project and where to find them. Information on the library interface would also be helpful.

Also, what is a 'VI' and do I need to use VI functions to interface with
the Signal Generator? I would like to develop on a computer other than the Chassis CPU. Is that feasible or will I have to install all of the software and drivers on the computer I am developing on also?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,917 Views)
In order to program your PXI-5670, you need only interface with the NI-RFSG driver via the VC++ ADE.

During installation, you need to select 'LabWindows/CVI Support' to be installed as in the attached screenshot. This is required to install the necessray C/C++ support files. If you have already installed NI-RFSG 1.0, you can run the repair option from Add/Remove Programs.

The header file you need to include is:
niRFSG.h
located at:
C:\VXIPNP\WinNT\include

The import library file you need to include is:
niRFSG.lib
located at:
C:\VXIPNP\WinNT\lib\msc

A VI is a Virtual Instrument and refers to a program written in National Instruments' LabVIEW graphical ADE.
If you are developing an application in VC++, then you will not be interfacing to
any VIs.

You will need to install the drivers on any computer you wish to compile and link on.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,916 Views)
Hi, I read your post from quite some time ago. I am up against the same problem of having to program NI 5670 using C/C++. Did you manage to do it? If so, can you please provide me some details or point me to some turorial? Thanks a lot for your time and would greatly appreciate a response.

Regards
Juggy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,479 Views)