Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FGEN gain of script mode??

I used script mode in PXI-5421.

I can't find any NI examples for gain function in script mode except sequence mode.

Anyway, my problem is when I start to generate waveform, the gain was looked like 2  in default (for example 1V amp -> 2V amp in oscilloscope).

In checking it with some examples for sequence mode, it was no problem.

Using property node of "arbitrary waveform gain", I got to "1" of the gain number.

Setting 1 of gain number forcely was useless.

I attached the part of FGEN.

In while loop, there are no more functions.

1) Is there a way to overcome problem above? 

2) I used two 2 waveforms continuously (hopefully two different gains). What is the sophisted method to set the gain on the fly (in while loop) without time-delay?

labmaster.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,321 Views)

Hello Labmaster,

I have attached an example in order to set the gain, but it works same for different waveform. The way this property works is you have to normalize the waveform you write between -1 to 1 V and then you can apply the gain before initiate. I am not sure on changing the gain on the fly i.e. with out stopping the generation. I might have to  look a bit more.

Also all the LabVIEW there for FGEN can be found at Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-FGEN>>Examples>>LabVIEW 8.6

Thanks

nAyer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,299 Views)

nAyer or National Instrument:

My problem was a improper gan setting although the gain is 1.

I did set the -1 to 1 data range prior to starting to generatiion.

I wanted to get -1 to 1 V but -2 to 2 V in gain was 1.

I tested this both on the fly and before generation. 

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,276 Views)

Hi Labmaster,

It sounds like you have an impedence mismatch. Please insure that you are setting the load impendence to the correct value for your load. NI- FGEN compensates for different loads. This can be done through a property node appropriatly named Load Impedence found under output attributes. 

JaceD
Signal Sources Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,268 Views)