Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADXL335 with NI USB 6009

Hello Everyone

I am using the ADXL335(analogue devices) to measure an acceleration in the Y-axis. I have the accelerometer wired straight to the DAQ on the analogue terminal side. When I use the DAQ assist in the Functions palette I click acquire signal then analogue input from there a selection of parameters are available but I am unsure which Parameter to choose to show acceleration on a waveform graph. There is an acceleration parameter but there are no terminals available to choose when you select it. The motion I want to output on the graph will be an acceleration:deceleration ratio on 3:1. If anyone can help me with what parameter to pick that could emulate that output I would be grateful

Thank you

Ailish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,476 Views)

Hi Ailish,

The express VI will most likely not be providing you with channel options for acceleration readings because the values read by the USB 6009 will just be standard analogue inputs. I would recommend that you take a look at the following article and simply swap out the myDAQ being used here with your USB 6009. The coding should be essentially the same. You will notice that the conversion from voltage to acceleration is being performed in software.

-Measure Acceleration using a 3-Axis Accelerometer, myDAQ, and LabVIEW

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6407

I hope that this helps.

Kind regards,

Daniel T
Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,424 Views)