From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 9207 mentions built-in 50/60Hz rejection.  I'm running this module on a 400Hz system.  What is the 400Hz rejection specification?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,707 Views)

Could you explain your application in more detail? Are you looking to measure a signal with a 400hz frequency or are you using this in a system that is around/powered by 400hz high-voltage wiring?

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,688 Views)

The system mains frequency is 400Hz.  The cRIO & 9207 are powered by DC voltages, from DC power supplies which are in turn powered by the 400Hz AC mains.  Hence, I expect some 400Hz noise on the signals to be measured, just as there is 50/60Hz noise on signals powered by these mains frequencies.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,684 Views)

Thanks for the clarification. From what I can find there are no specs listed for 400hz rejection. 400hz is above the nyquist frequency as the maximum sample rate on this card is 500S/s so any 400Hz noise will manifest itself as harmonic frequency peaks lower in the spectrum if you take an FFT of the data.

My recommendation would be to do the following:

1. Verify that the DC power supply is low-ripple so noise from it is not a primary concern.

2. Be sure to shield the signal wiring as well as possible.

3. Try out the system and if you see more noise than is acceptable implement a physical low-pass/anti-aliasing filter.

Thanks,

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,680 Views)

Thanks for the information.  I appreciate the recommendations.

C. Lynn Chidester

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,677 Views)