From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SAPHIR - Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ModBusVIEWo TCP setting : timeout

Hi:

There is a setting-timeout in some VI. I try to use ModBusVIEWo TCP toolkit to design a VI used as client. The function is send command data to the server which unit identifier may be from 0x01 to 0x80.When the client send unit identifier to Inquiry the server which do not exist, there will be a timeout error. My question is if there is not a response from server, how to control the timeout error which do not affect to send the next unit identifier.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,132 Views)

Hello,

If I understand your use case, you have an ethernet client connected to a modbus gateway used to connect modbus slaves (serial network). You want to detect slaves address.

If so, I don't think you will receive a timeout error. The gateway should throw you an exception code 11(x0B). I'm not currently able to test this in real (I don't have gateway), but you could give a try with the example attached.

Let me know if it helps.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,279 Views)