Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using sbRIO-9627

I need help in selecting an SBC that will be a part of our system. Instead of designing our own custom hardware for a host I/O & command/control, we think of using a NI sbcRIO-9627. But I do not find many discussions on its implementations, programming etc. in similar applications. One  form of use will be self-instrumentation of the system by this SBC ; it is  going to collect 50  temperature sensor data, 20 input line voltage data from accurate sensors, similar current sensor data, output voltage, current.., then compute power input, power output, efficiency, power factor etc. and report to host if host gets into "instrumentation" mode. Furthermore, it will actively control paralleling of several PFC converters in aerospace applications. Can we trust this SBC to do it? What should the programmer know about its program development & what OS  would be optimal? What OS does it come with? Is NI Instrumentation or LabView a part of the SBC? Do we need yearly maintenance fees if we use all such capabilities? How can we get I2C if some customers need it? Can we get the std I/O protocols with galvanic isolation so that there are no ground noise interactions among systems & we obtain a very reliable communication?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,962 Views)

That's a lot of questions! The 9627 comes with a real time embedded linux OS.

I'm not sure what an SBC is but, yes, the 9627 is quite rugged and reliable.

Ideally your programmer would have a CLED certification or experience with such systems.

If you use LabVIEW and you should, you have your choice of a subscription or perpetual license.

Yes, I2C is no problem. On the 9627, you'll most likely bring the signal into any of the 96 available digital lines on the RMC connector.

You also might want to consider a CRIO and then you can buy a module that will bring in your temperatures and provide isolation

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,941 Views)