cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stand alone compact rio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to everybody!

I'm a university student and for my thesis I am using a COMPACT RIO  with  ni 9205 and gps module, to take some measures on board of a eletric Car, the measures  will be  saved to a file TDMS in the COMPACT RIO by a stand alone configuration and without a connection with a pc.

The compact rio will starts with the car and it will turn off with it too.
So I have a question, How can I stop the VI inside the CRIO before I turn off the car?  or the data in TDMS will be saved in the same way without close the VI inside the CRIO before turning off the car?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,660 Views)

Use "TDMS Close" at the point you think you should stop logging.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,648 Views)

thank you for your reply, 

but I didn't explain myself  well, my CRIO will turn off when I turn off the car, I have already put the TDMS CLOSE at the end of my file, outside a while loop,

but I don't know, if I turn off the car and so the CRIO too, if the VI inside my CRIO will close the while loop e then the TDMS, or without current the TDMS is lost?

maybe it's better turn off before the CRIO with a external button? is it possibile do it with a analogic imput of the NI 9205?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,642 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author antoniolc

Hello antoniolc!!

There is no way to know inside the CompactRIO if the system will be shut down.

So you have to to use an external signal to know when your car will be shut down.

Or you can use a multiple TDMS file and like that , Just the last TDMS file will be unreadable. But you probably could read all the previous TDMS file.

Best regards.

Message 4 of 5
(5,635 Views)

You can also wire a "TDMS Flush" after the "TDMS Write", thus, even "TDMS Close" is not called when the VI is turned off. The TDMS file still well saved with all the flushed data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,622 Views)