Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network shared variable not publishing on crio 9036

Hello,

I have a cRIO 9036 that has been running a startup application for weeks without issue until now.   The startup app normally publishes sensor data to a HMI using network shared variables, and it also logs a copy of the data on a SD card in the cRIO.

It appears as if just the network shared variable engine on this cRIO has stopped working, as it is no longer updating any of the network shared variables, or responding to commands.

I can still communicate with this cRIO via MAX and it reports the state as running.

On the same PC that I'm running MAX from, I've added this cRIO by IP in DSM and when I expand it - nothing shows up.

The sensor log files on the cRIO are still being updated with valid data, I log CPU utilization in this dataset which is a constant 5%,  so it appears that the startup app on the cRIO is otherwise working properly, just not publishing the data to the network shared variables.

Is there any way to tell if the SVE is actually running?  Is there any way to restart just that portion of it without stopping the startup app or rebooting?

Thanks for any input

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,130 Views)

If you are not able to get values showing up in DSM, it could be that your SVE is down.

You can ssh into your cRIO and type in "top" to see the processes that are running.  The process we are looking for is /usr/local/natinst/bin/tagsrv -start

if that is not there, it means your SVE is down.  You can start it back up by typing in

start-stop-daemon -c lvuser:ni --start -x /usr/local/natinst/bin/tagsrv -- -start

That should start up the process and you can check with 

and DSM

Clemens | Technical Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,111 Views)