From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration of a signal

Hi;

I have a problem with the integration of a signal that I need in my custom-made adaptive controller. In this implementation, I have a function that describes the time derivative of a function. Now I need to integrate this function to use it in my controller signal. I am wondering what Labview function block I should use for this purpose. Not to mention, my code need to run in real-time. .

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,369 Views)

Are you talking about sending this data to your custom device?  At this point it sounds like you are developing your own driver.  What communication protocol is your custom device built on? GPIB? Serial? TCP/IP?

Generally, communicating with a custom device requires development of a driver which can be very work intensive.  Unfortunately it is not something I would be able to help you with directly, but I can let you know how to communicate with it if it uses one of our supported standard communication protocols.

Hope this helps!

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,359 Views)

where are you planning to integrate this signal?n LV?

-Ciao 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,291 Views)

hi SERDARSOYLU

to integrate ur function you can use the mathscript node RT or formula node to implement ur function & then u can utilize it for ur adaptive control, if u will face timing issues then u can use simulation loop with it but both u can do if ur using LAbview 2009 sp1 or latest version

hope it will work

tc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,190 Views)

I am going to build a full state feedback control design which is used in real time control, so integrator block is necessary so I have used 1/s block to integrate. But it gives faulty result. How can I use correct result by this block?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,941 Views)

Hi Bikash,

You might want to start a new thread to ask your question. In the new thread, make sure to state what you are sending into the node, the specific name of the node (I'm guessing the Laplace Transform Real.vi?) and state what you get out of the node and why it is faulty. 

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,904 Views)