From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC 2106 and cRIO

Hi,

I'm running a VI on a cRIO and have a TPC 2106 which I would like to show the cRIO front panel. At the moment I can access my remote front panel if I connect to a PC, but can not connect to the remote front panel from my TPC. I am using a cross over cable. I have gone through manuals and other discussions, but still stuck. What needs to be done so the cRIO and TPC can communicate?

Is remote front panels the best way to display the cRIOs front panel on the TPC or is there another way?

Thanks,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,769 Views)

Hi Jevon,

You won't be able to 'see' the cRIO front panel on the TPC. You will need to use shared variables or TCP/IP to publish the data from the cRIO and then program the TPC to read this data and display it on the screen. If you intend to use shared variables, you can deploy the shared variables on the cRIO itself. If you need to see some examples, open up example finder (Help -> Find Examples) and navigate to Toolkits and Modules -> Touch Panel -> Networking. If you have any other questions, post back.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,766 Views)

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for the response. So can touch panels not access remote front panels through a web browser?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,744 Views)

Hi Adnan,

That is correct. You will not see the remote front panels. The reason is because the TPC-2106 runs Windows CE, which does not support the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. The Run-Time Engine is required to view Remote Front Panels.

If you had a Windows 2000/XP/Vista touch panel, you might make it work, resources permitting.

Hope this helps!

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,725 Views)