Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TClk to synchro Generation and

Hi all,

I am trying to synchronize different modules on a PXI 1045 system, but I cannot synchro a 5122 digitizer.
Can anybody please help by telling me what am I doing wrong?

There are two AWG 5421 that generate a sinus waveform and sweep through various frequencies.
They have been synchronized by using the TClk (see attachment)

The digitizer should acquire a defined number of samples and start the acquisition at the same time the sinus waves start to be generated (or in case after a delay I should be able to define).
This should be a simple problem, isn't it?

Thanks for any help,
ciao, leodp
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,143 Views)
Hi leodp,

You missed the attachment. But did I understand your intention right, you want to generate sinus signals with two PXI 5421 in parallel and and acquire both signals with the one PXI 5122. You synchronization should work in that way, that you periodically got a trigger signal and then acquire n-sample or just at the beginning of the acqusition?

Regards
TomBaum
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,126 Views)
Hi TomBaum,

Yes, I forgot the attachment.
I would like to have a single run with acquisition of the number of samples I define.
I found out that using arbitrary wave generation the starting phase of the Digitized signal is not zero as I set it to be in the AWG.
That turns out to be a limit of the TClk synchronization, in the sense that TClk is thought to keep the clocks of different modules synchronized over a long period of time, but different devices have different "delays" or  latency, that give some problems; that is at least what I understood from a talk with NI support.
Anyhow, as I noticed this is something deep, that the same questions about synchronization and/or TClk come out again and again and that the help examples provided are not general enough (at least for my personal case 😉 , I have opened a more general thread in the PXI forum:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=280&thread.id=3158

Ciao, leodp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,113 Views)