Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliding Mode Control

Hi,

I have been doing Labview programming for real-time control of 3 phase inverters through sbRio 9606 FPGA  module. In my limited experience, I try to make PID control algorithms at Host and PWM generation at FPGA. The PI control output is passed to FPGA. Since I have to control multiple Inverters from the one Sbrio and FPGA has limited memory so I try to do most of the algorithm at the host. 

I am currently trying to implement a sliding mode control for the autonomous inverters but I am unable to find any example for that in Labview regarding power electronics. Can anyone give some example of normal sliding mode control of inverter? It would be of great help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,954 Views)

What quantity are you trying to control? Position/Speed/Torque?

Generally, for Sliding mode Control, you need a controller output that switches between a maximum value and a minumum value. You also need the corresponding algorithm, which will guarantee that your system will behave stabily (in the sense of Lyapunov). In your case, the algorithm will switch between two different PWM values. An approach would be to test the system first in Simulink, in order to accumulate experience and confidence in this area.

I suggest you deploy the algorithm on a real-time/deterministic platform, since delay in the control execution will almost certainly lead to instability. The FPGA would be ideal in this case, since the algorithm is pretty simple.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,891 Views)