Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared variables on cRIO 9074 not showing up in NI Distributed System Manager

I am running a Windows host machine with a cRIO-9074 RT target and LabVIEW Real-Time 9.0.1, and the cRIO chassis is in the LabVIEW FPGA Interface programming mode. The host VI communicates with the RT VI via network shared variables. We have been using this setup for several years and it has worked fine, but it seems that suddenly the network variables hosted on the RT target are not being properly deployed.

The network variables are supposed to be deployed and hosted by the SVE on the cRIO. Network-published shared variables are then defined on the Windows host machine, where we enable aliasing and bind to the PSP URL for the corresponding variable in the cRIO shared variable library. (see attached screenshot of project)

When reading the shared variables on the host VI, I get:
error -1950679035: Unable to locate variable in the Shared Variable Engine. Deployment of this variable may have failed.  

When running the RT VI in interactive mode, deployment status window indicates that the shared variables are getting deployed and ends with "deployment completed successfully" with no errors. In the block diagram, I can probe and see that my data array is being updated and sent to the shared variable, but I get the same error -1950679035. (see attached screenshot of block diagram and error message)

Furthermore, the cRIO network shared variable library does not appear in NI Distributed System Manager (see attached screenshot of Distributed System Mgr). I have tried to manually deploy this library from the project by right click --> deploy. Note that the shared variable library created on the host computer does appear. I have tried many cRIO reboots, and running the vi's as standalone with build-->run as startup, where the source files properties have the RT vi as startup and all of the .lvlib files always included. I thought LabView 2009 automatically deploys shared variables libraries at runtime anyway, so I'm not sure why it doesn't just work. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that there may be a problem with the SVE on the cRIO. Is it possible that the SVE software can suddenly become corrupt?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,523 Views)

Hi uw-mad, 

It is possible, but unlikely, that some of the software on the cRIO has become corrupt. It ismore likely that a firewall/AV update is blocking ports required by the SVE. I have attached a resource on possible causes of this error along with relevent trouble shooting steps, as well as a KB on how to format and reinstall the software on your cRIO. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B9366256C53D95CA8625725A007C0287?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B1343F61905203386257051006573CA?OpenDocument

Please let me know if this is helpful, and please let me know if this doesn't work. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,505 Views)