Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Shared Variable Array of Clusters Causes Run at Startup to Fail

I have a cRIO RT application that fails to run at startup if the VI contains a network shared variable array of clusters. However, if I run the VI manually / interactively from the front panel, everything works as expected. The work around I have used is to break up the array into its individual cluster components and make each of these their own network shared variable.

The array had 27 cluster elements. Each cluster element had two strings, two doubles, and one boolean associated with it.

Anyone have any insight into why this might be happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,063 Views)

Hi acquisition,

Are you binding your shared variable to a typedef?  If so, you may be running into an issue where an executable will not be able to find the typedef linked to the shared variable.  This is documented here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/13164#294285_by_Category

If this is the case, the VI should run manually, but when you run the rtexe, it will pause and look for the this typedef.  This will prevent your RTEXE from running, giving the behavior that you are seeing.

To workaround this, try to disconnect the typedef from the shared variable and rebuild the RTEXE.

Kind regards,

Drew T.

Applications Engineer

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,052 Views)

I'm facing the same problem. The shared variable worker properly at Labview 8.5 and 2011, but, at Labview 2012 it doesn't work.

The shared is not binding to a typedef. I already had this problem at Labview 2011 and I have disconnected it.

I have done some experiences and found that if I write an information at 'sinais de cotnrole', 'array de controladores' and 'Delta T (s)' the infomartion is send normally. Howerver, when I wirte something at 'conjunto de controladores' it doesn't work anymore. All the field be blank.

Someone can help me:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,711 Views)

Hi Schmitz,

I noticed that this thread has been inactive for a couple of years. It's usually a better idea in this case to start a new thread with your issue. 

So as for your question, I'm not really sure from the information you've provided exactly what you're having trouble with. What exactly are you trying to do? It would be helpful if you could give us some more details concerning your application and your code so far. A screen capture of the code in which your shared variables are used would be very helfpul. Are you using a single shared variable or multiple shared variables?

Are you trying to run at startup or interactively?

With a little more information we can try and narrow down your issue and help you further.

Thanks,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,675 Views)

Hi

Convert your cluster to variant and make a chared variabel of your variant on the RT target.

Then convert it bact from variant to cluster on the PC side.

Rune

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,131 Views)