Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9253 compatibility with cRio 9047

I must be missing something in attempting to deploy a 9253 on a cRio 9047 under "Real Time Resources" (not scan). I am able to see the module from NI Max, as well as see 4-20mA transducer input from NI Max Test Panel (NI-DAQmx). However, I cannot deploy to chassis on a fresh project when the chassis is set for Scan Interface. I can deploy to an FPGA target when the chassis is set to FPGA programming mode; however, I haven't been able to acquire AI from test bit files yet (possibly operator error).

This module must be DAQmx-compatible, as I'm able to see real input from NI Max, but the chassis wants nothing to do with it when set to scan interface mode. For background, I'm also using SoftMotion, which still is stuck back in Labview 18.0, so some of my installation must be in Labview 18. The portions of my installation that were 19.1, I upgraded to 19.6 in order to get NI MAX to recognize the 9253 (it did not initially).

Should I be able to deploy 9253 on cRio under Real-Time Resources, in order to program with DAQmx? Sorry for the lengthy query!

9253.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,235 Views)

I hope you got the answer to your query a while ago, but here's a short answer to close this thread: the NI 9253 was first supported in scan mode as of LabVIEW 2019. As you have already noted, for NI 9253 support in versions of LabVIEW prior to 2019, you can use DAQmx.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,849 Views)