Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency

Hi all,

I am using a single board RIO 9631 and I am trying to do an FPGA code that acquire an input and redirect the stream on a DAC on the board. The applications is simple but there is too much latency from the input to the output (I am using a 5KHz sinusoidal source). How is it possible to reduce this latency??

Thank you in advance,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,967 Views)

Hi Alex, 

Could you be a little more descriptive of what it is that you are doing?  Can you post a screen shot of your code?  When you say that there is too much latency, how much is too much?  It sounds like you are bringing in an analog signal, and sending it out through the digital out ports.  Is this correct?  If you could provide this additional information that would be helpful.

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,942 Views)

I would like to use sbRIO for an application of noise canceling basically I have to acquire a signal 1Khz bandwidth and redirect the stream on the analog output with DAC...But I just realized that probably my code is right I have like 10 us of phase delay that make sense with my hw (I have a 250 kS/s ADC in my board). So I have two question :

- Is it possible to reduce this latency?

- My vi project is right or there is another better way to do it? What is the red triangle at the input of my ADC?

Thank you very much

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,934 Views)

One thing that you can do to speed up your FPGA code is to replace your while loop with a timed loop.  When you use a timed loop, everything in that loop will run in one clock tick.  To do this right-click on the edge of the while loop and select Replace with Timed Loop.  I hope that you find this helpful.

Brandon Treece

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,917 Views)