Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up my FPGA VI such that my IP Integration Node can be compiled at lower frequency than what can be derived through LV Project?

Hi Experts,

My goal is to execute my simulink model on LabVIEW FPGA. The target device is crio-9039. From my previous question, I have learned that crio-9039's lowest derivable clock is 4.69MHz. 

This is a problem because my code is much slower than 4.69MHz. I am guessing it will only run around 100KHz. However, because IP Integration Node requires to be placed inside of Single Cycle Timed Loop, I have to create clock of 100KHz. But again the crio-9039 can only derive no lower than 4.69MHz. (For CLIP it is the same story, as I need to specify 'clk' source to be selected from derived clocks)

I never thought utilizing slower clock is a challenge because usually we struggle fitting everything into fast clock cycles. Is there a solution to this?

Thank you in advance

SKTheLimit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,816 Views)

Hello SKTheLimit,

Based on the response in the first forum, I believe that this is limited from the FPGA at the hardware level. But with this leads me to another question, this test/code you developed it is possible to work it on the Real-Time Target?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,770 Views)