Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host VI communication with FPGA VI

I can't seem to get my Host Vi and my FPGA Vi to communicate. All I'm trying to do right now is set one bit of my NI9403 module. The FPGA Vi has just a simple Set Method Module with a control to set it. The Host Vi opens a reference to the FPGA Vi, and has a Read/Write Method to set the bit. But the 2 modules do not communicate. Any help anyone has on this problem would be appreciated, as I have been beating my head on it for two days.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,184 Views)

I looked up the error (using "Help --> Explain Error"), and it says "NI-RIO:  (Hex 0xFFFF092D) This remote system does not support connections to other remote systems."

I was scratching my head, but then I noticed something odd: your FPGA VI is set inside your module folder. Move the FPGA VI to the FPGA target in the project (so the FPGA target is the parent object, and the VI is on the root of the FPGA target tree).

Does the behavior change if you place it there?

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,167 Views)

Also, once you resolve the RIO error, you will not see any output on your digital lines because Set Output Enable is set only once outside the loop on the FPGA.  To update the lines with the Set Output Data method, Set Output Enable must be true.  Alternately, if you do not need the line to be bidirectional, you can simply use the FPGA I/O Node to write data to the line without using the methods.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,163 Views)

Thanks. That did make it simpler. I got it running by putting all my files in the same directory. Then removing them, and adding them back into the project.  For some reason LabView was confused as to where the FPGA Vi was located.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,156 Views)

I got it running by putting all my files in the same directory. Then removing them, and adding them back into the project.  For some reason LabView was confused as to where the FPGA Vi was located.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,155 Views)