Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexRIO and RFSA peer to peer channel problem

Hi,

I am relatively new in labVIEW and the NI hardware products. I have a PXIe 1075 with a 8133 controller, 7965R FlexRIO and a 5665 RFSA. I would like to acquire some IQ samples with the 5665 cards and send then to the Flex RIO by a peer to peer channel. Then the FlexRIO will compute an FFT an send the result to the Host.

I have based my VIs on differents LabVIEW examples but it still does'nt work. The peer to peer FIFO RFSA2RIO in the FlexRIO stays deseperately empty. The channel is enabled but no IQ samples seems to be sent accross the linked. It seems to me that the problem comes from the RFSA because the access leds are not amber. So I think that no acquisition is done at all. Would somebody have an idea why the RFSA doesn't work? (bad config? forgot something?)

Thanks in advance.

Stephanie

---

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,659 Views)

I would like to add some details. In fact, the problem does'nt come from the NI RFSA as I supposed first. I set the IQ rate at the maximum value and increased the delay in the while loop in my VI running on the Host.

After all, I have some IQ samples in the RFS2RIO FIFO (and led of the digitizer becomes amber). I have still a problem to de-multiplex the I and Q sample towards two differents FIFO (FIFO_IN_I and FIFO_OUT_Q).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,650 Views)

Hello Stephanie,

Sorry for the delay, I am taking in consideration your issue. I will try to answer you as soon as possible.

Regards,

MatthieuR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,618 Views)

Hello,

Here is an example "Peer-to-Peer (P2P) NI RF Signal Analyzer to FPGA Module"

Attached example shows the latest National Instruments functionality called peer-to-peer (P2P) streaming between the NI PXIe-5663 and the NI PXIe-7965R. This example requires NI-RIO 3.3 or later and the NI-RFSA driver. The example shows how to provide the data being streamed from the NI PXIe-5663 to the NI PXIe-7965 for processing.

The code is well described.

I hope it will help.

Regards,

MatthieuR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,607 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,604 Views)

Thanks for your answer MatthieuR.

I will work on that example.