Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Line Constant returns only LF when deployed on cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

LV2011 SP1: I have found that when I assemble a string to use with the TCP Write VI, I get a different result using the End of Line Constant depending if I am running the project from LabView versus running the project deployed on the cRIO-9101.  In both cases, the project is running on the cRIO, but when run from LabView, EOL constant gives a CR LF.  When run from startup on a deployment, I get only an LF.  I have worked Arturo the issue by explicitly replacing my EOL constants with a CR and LF on my Concatenate Strings block.

On an earlier version of LV (9.6), I did not have this problem with the same target.  The discrepancy has only occurred since upgrading the program to LV 2011.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,215 Views)

This symptom may have been related to a mismatch in cRIO firmware (LV2011) and development software (LV 2011 SP1). 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,207 Views)

Hi Ken, as noted here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/glang/end_of_line_constant/

The EOL constant is platform dependent so it will vary from platform to platform.

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,205 Views)

DylanC,

I understand that, but it doesn't explain why it would have one meaning when running targeted and another when running deployed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ken_Brey

Hi Ken,

I have found a CAR (Corrective Action Request) #148678 that describes this issue. There is currently no patch/release that fixes this yet but the current workaround is to concatenate the two manually, as you have done. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,201 Views)