Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change IP address in cRIO 9075

Is there an easy way to change the IP address over the network for a cRIO-9075?

For some strange reason, it decided to revert to its default IP address of 169.254.84.198, whereas my network is 192.168.0.xxx

"The NI cRIO-9075 integrated system combines a real-time processor and a reconfigurable field-programmable gate array (FPGA) within the same chassis..."

This unit does not have any configuration DIP switches...

And I am trying to avoid having to go into the unit via the serial interface, because the unit is now remote from the PC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,728 Views)

Am I missing something????

The IP address was okay after all..  The General Settings display for the unit does not show the correct IP address...

The confusion started when I noticed this message:

Download All
Message 2 of 5
(7,723 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,718 Views)

Please ignore the above...

I restarted the unit which prompted me to save the config (makes sense).  I then decided to refresh the screen (not sure why since I had done that many times already, but was not going to argue with myself).

Lo & behold!  Everything was okay.  The correct info, the Network Adapters info window fully populated with correct info.  It's all good to go.  I'm not sure what happened between the time this was originally setup to the time it got moved remotely. The only thing I could possibly attribute this to (and it doesn't make sense) was the DHCP server assigning a new IP address...  However, I am willing to bet that the address was the same.

I'm glad it's all good.. 🙂

Message 4 of 5
(7,715 Views)

I've learned to be very patient when setting up the network configuration of cRIO and cFP hardware. I see the "can't find network settings"

message often too. Sometimes strange things can happen when you are setting up on of these devices on a local subnet, that is your pc connected to a router connected to a cRIO. Windows can decide that it doesn't want to use the subnet you set up in your router config. For example, windows will decide your laptop on the subnet 192.168.2.x , whereas the cRIO might is getting assigned an IP in the 192.168.1.x range . 

It's always really helpful to have hte windows command screen open, and use the commands "ipconfig" and "ping". The first to confirm that your network is setup as you think it is, the latter to make sure your target is where you think it is. "ping 192.168.1.10" is a lot faster than opening up MAX scanning for remote targets. Trying to interrupt MAX while it's looking for targets or trying to determine setting will often cause it to freeze up or crash. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,699 Views)