Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to my CRio-9024

Hello everybody,

I need some help about connecting to my RT Device the cRio-9024. When I try to connect I see the following message :

"Access denied: This target is running a version of LabVIEW that is different than LabVIEW on the host computer. For Real-Time targets, you can verify the version and reinstall the Real-Time software using MAX."

I'm currently using Labview2013.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,724 Views)

As the message says, this is likely showing up because the software installed on the target is a different version than the development environment you are attempting to connect to the target from. Likely the target has 2012 LabVIEW Real-Time installed on it, and you are working in LabVIEW 2013 Development Environment. 

If you want to keep working in the LabVIEW 2013 dev environment, then you'll need to update the software on the target from the Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). This document covers that process, 

Install Software on Your NI CompactRIO Controller

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/controllersoftware.htm

If you want to continue developing in the version that is on your controller you would just need to open up the dev environment of that version number and you should be good to go. 

Tim A.
Message 2 of 11
(6,703 Views)

Thank you very much.

I'll try to update my controller.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,674 Views)

I meet the same issue. How to  open up the dev environment of that version number ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,254 Views)

Hey zmy0617, 

I'm not really sure what you are asking. The development environment version corresponds to the version of the LabVIEW IDE that you're using to develop. So, you would open it by opening the LabVIEW.exe.

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,248 Views)

If you have the same issue then you have to download the NI Max then update your CRio. Or you can downgrade your Labview version (but I think updating the CRio is better).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,244 Views)

I got it. If I update the CRio to 2013, could that pepole who have Labview2012 use the CRio?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,225 Views)

2012 Users would not be able to develop their code on a target that has 2013 software installed on it. They will receive an error when they attempt to connect to the target in the project, 

"Access denied: This target is running a version of LabVIEW that is different than LabVIEW on the host computer. For Real-Time targets, you can verify the version and reinstall the Real-Time software using MAX."

This is true of the other direction as well. 2013 Users will receive the same error when attempting to connect to a target with 2012 run-time software installed.

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,221 Views)

Thank you so much. I have to downgrade my Labview. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,217 Views)

You don't necessarily need to downgrade your LabVIEW, you can actually upgrade the real time target software to support 2013.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B1343F61905203386257051006573CA

If you cannot afford formatting, you can just add the new software to the target.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2BAD2D3A7DE25EB2862576D6007EDB22

I actually can a Compact Rio target next to my workstation with both 2012 SP1 and 2013 SP1.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,204 Views)