Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access cRIO behind NAT firewall with MAX

rpursley8 wrote:

"... Our cDAQ 9181 and 9191 devices use a different protocol, mDNS, to communicate between the device and MAX.  The NAT firewall should not cause any issues with these devices..."

As it was said before, NI can correct this bug with a patch for MAX. There is no need of buying new products.

An alternative solution is to use a ssh tunnel but it requires to have a Linux system on the same subnet than the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(2,339 Views)

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but I found a workaround for this on our 9064.

The 9064 has 2 ethernet ports and our application only uses one of these. I configured the 2nd unused port to have an IP address the same as the public IP of the modem behind which the cRIO sits, and voila! MAX is happy to talk to it through the NAT/firewall.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,335 Views)

Hi,

I need help with NI MAX and my controller overt the NAT.

I have an NI Controller IC 3173 wired to a NAT Switch with the primary port. My NI Controller has an ip of : 192.168.1.60. The WAN adress is  : 10.151.19.22.

I can access to the controller from an external computer using Internet Explorer and typing 10.151.19.22 but NI MAX doesnt see it, neither Labview Project.

I tried configuring a second non-wired ethernet port to 10.151.19.22 but still doesn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,205 Views)

There's a bunch of ports you also need to forward from your gateway to cRIO. Not all of these are needed, but here's the config of one of my gateways

(192.168.13.100 is the local IP of the cRIO)

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,071 Views)

Thank you, I'll test that...

I'll see if that can be configured on the NAT switch.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,059 Views)