Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 V A/C Output in Place of 10 V D/C Output

Hello, I recently got an NI 9205 module back from National Instruments after sending it in for calibration. Upon plugging this device into my cRIO setup, I discovered that there was a serious error with AI22 of my device. The cRIO and NI module are set to monitor DC voltage values. 

First, I set the output of my power supply to 10 V, and verified that the supply was actually outputting 10 V.  This can be seen in the first attached pictures. 

I then measured the raw voltage values as seen by the cRIO and n9205. This came to about 3.45 volts. This value makes sense as the internal circuitry is meant to limit the value seen by the cRIO to about one third of the rig's value. (The rig is on a 0 to 30 scale, and the cRIO is rated for a 0 to 10 scale.)

The next image is the DSM signal which results from AI22. This can be seen as a sinusoid of approximately 2 volts. 

A correct monitor signal can be seen in the picture of AI20's Monitor. This is a relatively steady signal that varies from 10.29 to 10.30 V.

Any help would be appreciated. The signals seen by an external meter have absolutely no alternating component and are strictly DC. 

I don't know if there is a way to fix this except for sending this in for repairs.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,176 Views)

Did you have the exact same module in the exact same setup before and the behavior was different?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,125 Views)