Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Bug (Shift Modifier)

So this is a pretty minor bug, and it is for a not advertised feature.  If you didn't know, using the quick drop CTRL+Shift+R on some resizable objects will remove inputs that are unwired.  So if you have a build array with only two of 4 inputs being wired, you can use CTRL+Shift+R and it will remove those unwired inputs.

I admit I don't use this all that often, but someone was complaining about the time it takes to remove a few data inputs to a bundle and I went to show them this trick and while it removed the inputs, the output data type was broken.  Unwiring and re-wiring fixes the error.  But I also noticed just clicking the broken run button causes things to work too.  This makes me think that forcing a compile of the VI after the quick drop operation would fix things.

Here is a video demonstrating the behavior.

http://www.screencast.com/t/BZmFWBNX

Message 1 of 2
(3,938 Views)

Thanks for reporting this. I've noticed it too, but never took the time to file a bug report before now. I've filed myself CAR 535882 to look into fixing this in LabVIEW 2016. For now, you should be able to add a "Compile" method of the VI class after the code that removes terminals from growable functions, and that should fix the problem. You would make that change in this VI:

[LabVIEW 20xx]\resource\dialog\QuickDrop\plugins\Remove and Rewire.vi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,946 Views)